How to Play Baccarat
The first thing you need to do before playing online baccarat is find a reputable casino that accepts Canadian players. Make sure to check the licensing and security features before signing up and making your first deposit.
Once done, follow the steps below to play online baccarat:
- Select your game. This could be an RNG (Random Number Generator) table game or a live casino table. You can also choose between commission and no commission versions.
- Set your stake by using the chips or arrows to adjust the chips. Next, place them on the sections you want to bet on.
- Wait for the Banker to deal the cards.
- Wait for the results. You will receive an automatic payout if you win.
- Repeat the process if you wish to play again.
Baccarat is one of the simplest casino games to play and it will only take you a few minutes to learn the rules. We’ve listed them here to make it even easier for you.
- You can bet on the Player, the Banker, or a Tie.
- The winner is the result that is closer to a total of nine.
- Cards 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 count as face value.
- Aces count as 1.
- 10, J, Q, and K count as 0.
- A ‘natural’ (automatic win) is awarded if the Player or the Banker receive a total of 8 or 9 with the original two cards.
- If the card values add up to more than 9, the first digit is dropped and the value is considered to be the remaining digit. For example, if the total value is 15 (6 + 9), the hand value becomes 5.
- If the Player is dealt a hand value of less than 5, the Player will receive one more card. The Player can choose to stand instead, which would give an extra card to the Banker if the hand value is also less than 5.
The following table includes the payouts for the different bets you can place on online baccarat.
Remember that the Banker takes 5% commission on its own winning bets, which means the payout is that of 19/20.
How to Win at Baccarat
The most important thing to remember if you want to win at baccarat is to understand how the game works by learning the rules. For example, knowing that the shoe holds 8 decks of cards, and that they are dealt in a clockwise fashion. In some cases, the top card will tell the dealer how many cards should be burned. The dealer will then proceed to take that number of cards from the deck and put them in the side shoe before reshuffling.
Keep the score table beside you and learn what the odds of each bet are. We suggest keeping a second table with notes of your bets, wins, and losses. Creating a pattern will help you devise a strategy for upcoming bets.
Online baccarat is all about listening to your gut instinct. However, when in doubt, always bet on the Banker.
Online baccarat is a game of chance, which means that there is no playbook that guarantees wins. Having said that, you can increase the odds of winning with some tips and tricks. Here are a few to get you started.
- Play the Banker’s Side
The Banker comes with an advantage of 1.09% whereas the player has one of 1.24%. Even with the 5% commission off Banker wins, this still gives you a better chance of winning a prize.
- Try a Few Rounds for Free
Most online casinos in Canada allow you to play baccarat for free. We suggest taking advantage of this opportunity to familiarise yourself with the rules and gain some experience with the game. This way, you’ll be more confident when it comes to placing real money bets.
- Avoid Tie Bets
While these may be tempting due to the high odd payouts, the possibility of ties is rather low, meaning you’ll most likely lose your stake.
- Set Your Limits
The most crucial element of any online casino game, including baccarat, is setting time and budget limits. Knowing when to stop playing is what will keep your gambling fun and unproblematic. If you feel it’s getting too much, we recommend using the live chat or email to contact a customer support agent.
Baccarat is one of the easiest casino games out there. You can get started by signing up to a reputable online casino in Canada and making a deposit. Then head over to the live casino section of the site and sit at your preferred table. You’re now ready to place your bet on the Player or the Banker.
The online baccarat croupier or the RNG (Random Number Generator) deals two cards to the Player and to the Banker. The winner is the one that has a hand value closest to 9 without going over.
There is no guarantee of winning baccarat, but you can implement strategies to increase your odds. These include avoiding high-risk bets such as Ties, keeping track of patterns, and betting on the Banker more than on the Player.
Bets placed on the Player or the Banker in online baccarat pay 1:1 whereas ties pay out at 8:1. Keep in mind that the Banker takes a 5% commission on wins in classic baccarat games, which reduces the win to 19:20.
More live casino games
Learn about bet types, roulette variations, strategies, and much more.
Blackjack is one of the oldest casino games, which is why there are tens of online variants for Canadian casino players to enjoy.
How happy are you with the content on this page?